Potato kurma or Allo kurma is a very good combination for rice, roti, puri or biryani. Aloo kurma or potato kurma is basically a dish from south Asian countries made with curd and coconut.
Preparation time: 15 min
cooking time :20 min
serving for 4 nos
potatoes 3 large 11/2 cup cubed
carrot 1 large (optional if u add carrot it gives u the
onions 1 large 1 1/4 cup finely chopped
tomato 1 large 3/4 cup finely chopped
green chili 3 nos
ginger-garlic paste 1 1/2 tablespoon
oil/ghee 1/2 cup ( with ghee it gives a more yummy taste)
Turmeric 1/4 tablespoon
Redchilly powder 1 tablespoon
salt as per the taste
coriander leaves finely chopped 1/2 cup
mint leaves few
Fresh coconut past 1 cup
poppy seeds 2 tablespoons or cashew nuts 10nos
3 green cardamoms
1 small bay leaf
1 Star anise
curd 1 1/2 cup ( if u want sour taste u can add more)
1. Boiled potatoes and carrots peel the skin make it ready and keep aside.
2. Grind the fresh coconut and poppy seeds or cashew nuts keep aside.
3. Heat the pan add oil/ghee once oil is hot add cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon, star anise, bay leaf and saute.
4. Add onions fry until it becomes a golden color
5. Add the ginger-garlic paste cook until the raw smell goes off
6. Then add tomatoes, green chilly, salt and turmeric fry until tomatoes become soft and blend well with onions.
7. Make ready the fresh coconut poppyseed paste mixed it with curd, to this ground paste add garam masala and chilly powder keep it aside.
8. Add boiled potatoes and carrot and cook for 5 min and mix it well add coriander and mint leaves saute for a while.
9. Add the coconut curd mix cook in medium flame until oil comes out.
10. Garnish chopped coriander and serves hot with chapati or rice.