Idli recipe | How to make soft idli | Soft idli recipe | Idli with rava|with the details given below. rava idli is a popular south Indian breakfast recipe. it is very healthy and it contains good calories very healthy breakfast for kids also usually people prefer to have idly with sambar and coconut chutney.
Idli recipe | How to make soft idli | Soft idli recipe | Idli with ravawith step by step traditionally the idli batter is ready with the rice and urad dal combination in 2:1 ratio.however last in urban regions, the idli has undergone a change and is ready with idli
traditionally idli recipe has been ready with rice and urad dal combination. even currently most authentic recipes particularly for any occasion or in temple feast. however, because of the busy life, most of the urban dwellers and edifice homeowners have tailored to organize with idli rava or rice rava. basically, idli rava is ready with rice however includes a fine and coarse form almost like rava. in other words, only the urad dal is soaked and grounded that is later mixed with idli rava to make a thick idli batter. there isn’t any modification within the ratio and still, follow the same. moreover, with the addition of coarse idli rava, it gives a pleasant texture to the ultimate idli. usually grounded rice batter yields spongy and chewy idli, whereas idli rava makes it soft idli.
furthermore some necessary tips and proposals on the way to make idli batter. firstly, the fermentation of the idli batter is
Preparation time :12 hours
cooking time 20 min
Serving for 30 idlis
- Black Gram dal (without skin) (urad dal) 1 cup
- idli rava 2 cups
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)1/4 tablespoon
- firstly, in a very large bowl soak one cup urad dal and fenugrek seed for four hours.
- drain off the water and transfer to mixer or grinder.
- blend to sleek and fluffy batter adding water as needed.
- transfer the batter to a large bowl. keep aside.
- now in another bowl take two cup idli
- rinse the idli
ravawith water and drain off the water .repeatthis for two or three times or until water runs clean.
- squeeze off water from idli
ravaand raise urad dal batter.
- mix well-ensuring
ravaand urad dal mix are combined well.
- now cover and rest in place for 8-10 hours or until the batter ferments and doubles.
- after 8 hours, batter doubles indicating well fermented
- add one tsp salt to the batter and blend gently.
- pour the batter into idli plate greased with oil.
- place in steamer and steam for ten minutes on medium flame or until it
- finally, soft idlis are able to serve together with chutney and sambar.