Onion Pakora or Onion Pokodi is a fried snack basically it is from the
Indian subcontinent. Pakora is a popular Indian snack. Most of the people like to have with tea or masala tea, and it is the best evening snack. especially in the rainy season, everybody wants to have this snack.
Onion Pakora Which I prepared is the Crispy Sweet Shop Style Onion Pakodi This is a very easy and quick snack if u have four main ingredients with u i.e onion basin and rice flour and oil. everybody especially kids going to love this snack very much and it is also called
Preparation time : 20 min
cooking time 10 min
Serving for 5 people
- Onions 300 gms
- Basin 150 gms
- Rice-flour 2 or 3 tablespoons
- Green chili 5
- salt as per taste
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbs
- Roasted cumin powder 1tbs
- Coriander powder 1tbs
- Cumin 1 tbs
- Crushed coriander 1 tbs
- Oil for deep fry
- Firstly chopped the onion as long slices not very thin and chop the green chili as a medium long slice
- take a bowl and add onion slices, green chili slices, salt, chili powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, and crushed coriander seeds, squeeze the mixer well until onions get allspice flavor.
- Add basin flour and rice flour to the above oinon mixer and coat well first, later use the little bit pressure mix well add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and make it like a thick batter.
- Heat the oil and piping the batter like small balls into the oil
- Fry the Pokora on a medium flame until turns golden brown color
- Serve hot Pokora with tea.
Note: If u want to store it for later let it cool completely, and store in a jar or tin. it will fresh until for 1 week.