Plain dosa recipe | Sada dosa recipe|How to make Plain dosa is basically a type of pancake from the Indian subcontinent, made from a black gram and rice mixed batter. Dosa is a from the Southern parts of Indian diets but is now popular all over the world, it is available in western countries in Indian restaurants.
In India so many places like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu street shops and mobile canteens famous for dosa there almost 30 types of dosa varieties are available. In my coming posts, I am trying to post all varieties of dosas.
Plain Dosa I prepared regularly with chutney or vullikram (onion chutney), sambar. But especially Sundays I prepared Plain Dosa chicken gravy. actually, it is famous in our region. This is our favorite breakfast. I recommend one more combination i.e dosa with fish
Preparation time :14 hours
cooking time 20 min
Serving for 4 nos
- parboiled rice (idly dosa rice) 11/2 cup
- Rice (regular) 1 1/2cup
- Black Gram Dal (skinless) (urad dal) 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)1/4 tablespoon
- Poha (Flattened rice) 1/2 cup (for making dosa crispy)
- Take all ingredients to prepare Dosa batter
- Rinse rice (regular rice and parboiled rice) together for 3-4 times and soak them in 2 cups of water for 4-5 hours
- Take urad dal
addfenugreek seeds soak in 1 cup water for 4-5 hours. rinsewelland
poha( Flattened rice ) add to rice which we soaked
- Drain water from urad dal. Add urad dal and fenugreek seeds mixture in the mixer grinder or blender. add water as needed and grind until getting fluffy batter.
- The batter must be smooth and not thick. Transfer it to a large container.
- Drain water from rice and add to the mixer grinder. add water as per the need and grind the batter until a smooth. Transform into the same container
- Add salt and mix well, better must not be too thick or watery
- Keep the batter at room temperature for 8-10 hours or overnight for fermentation. During cold weather, keep the batter in a warm place (or inside the big vessel ) for fermentation.
- mix the batter with a spoon. If it looks too thick, add water as per the need and mix well until it has attained pouring consistency.
- Heat the pan or
tawapour the batter spread it gently apply the oil roast two sides.
- finally, served hot dosa with Sambar or chutney or chicken gravy.