Ragi Idli recipe | How to Make Ragi Idli | Finger Millet Idli Recipe |Healthy Idli Recipe with step by step the Ragi idli or finger
Basically ragi idli recipe batter we can make so many different types like with ragi flour, rice flour, and urad dal combination and many more we will post reaming types very soon. Ragi idli is very good for weight loss program and good for a diabetic. It is very easy and tasty breakfast recipe even it is very good for kids also. Ragi is basically rich in calcium and fight with anemia high fiber and control the high blood pressure and regulate blood sugar levels because of its low glycemic index .
Preparation time :12 hours
cooking time 20 min
Serving for 30 idlis
- Black Gram Dal (without skin) (urad dal) 50grm
- Idli rice or parboiled rice 100grm
- Ragi or Finger Millet 100grm
- firstly, in a very large bowl soak urad dal and three hours.
- and take another two bowls wash and soak ragi or finger millet and idli rice separately for three hours.
- drain water from the urad dal and add to mixer or grinder
- blend to smooth paste transfer to the bowl.
- then drain water from the idli rice and ragi seeds or finger millet add to mixer or grinder.
- blend to smooth paste and transfer to the same bowl mix well-ensuring both batters mix or combine well.
- now cover and rest in place for 6-10 hours or until the batter ferments and doubles.
- after 8 hours, batter doubles indicating well fermented
- add one tsp salt to the batter and blend gently.
- pour the batter into idli plate greased with oil.
- place in steamer and steam for ten minutes on medium flame or until it cook.
- finally, soft idlis are able to serve together with chutney and any spicy chutney.