Double Ka Meetha Recipe |Indian Bread Pudding | How to Make Traditional Double Ka Meetha, Double Ka meetha is a mouthwatering dessert recipe which is popular in the south part of India, It contributes to being a delicious dessert which is considered to be an integral part of the feast, made during Eid. It is essentially a type of Indian bread pudding which is prepared from fried slices of bread that are soaked in hot milk along with spices. It is prepared with the use of reduced milk and slices of bread along with a wide array of dry fruits to get a mouthwatering crunch. You need the time duration of one hour in order to cook this dish. It is a popularThis dessert has gained a high reputaion as a Hyderabad cuisine and is served primarily at parties and weddings.
Here is a list of the ingredients required for the preparation of this dish:
- Ghee (Two cups)
- 10 slices of bread
Ingredients for the milk mixture
You need to the following ingredients to prepare the milk mixture
- Saffron (one pinch)
- Full-Fat milk (one liter)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
For the sugar syrup
For the sugar syrup, you need the below-mentioned ingredients
- Water (one cup)
- Sugar (one cup)
- Cardamom Powder (one tablespoon)
For garnishing purpose
You need the following ingredients for the purpose of garnishing the dessert:
- crushed cashew nuts (10)
- Crushed almonds (10)
Step by step preparation
In order to prepare double ka meetha at home, adopt the following step by step guide:
- At the first step, take a frying pan and heat the ghee in it
- Take the slices of bread and cut them into halves in a diagonal manner
- Deep fry the slices of bread till they turn golden brown in color
- Drain them on a plate with tissue and keep them aside
- In this step, you need to deep fry the cashew nuts and almonds in the previously used ghee till they turn to be slightly browned
- After draining, keep the same aside.
- Step for the preparation of sugar syrup
- In order to prepare the sugar syrup, you should make sure to follow the below-mentioned process:
- Take a pan and add water and sugar in it. Start cooking on the medium heat and continue doing it until the syrup becomes thickened.
- You need to remove the same from the heat and then keep it aside.
Steps for the preparation of milk mixture
Follow the below-mentioned step in order to prepare the milk mixture:
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat the milk in it
- As the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat and pour the saffron in it.
- Start cooking on low heat till the milk gets reduced to half of the amount
- Now pour sugar and continue cooking for one minute
- After removing from the heat, keep the same aside.
Final steps for the preparation and serving the dessert
You need to go through the below-mentioned steps in order to prepare as well as serve the double ka meetha:
- In this step, make sure that the oven is preheated to almost 180 degrees C.
- Take a rectangular tray and grease the same with ghee
- Keep the slices of bread on the tray
- Add the sugar syrup on the top of the slices of the bread
- Add the milk mixture on the slices of the bread
- Keep the fried dry fruits on the top of the dessert
- Bake for the time duration of twenty to twenty-five minutes
- After removing it from the oven, cook it slightly
- Serve it warm.
Preparation of double ka meetha with condensed milk
In order to prepare double ka meetha with the aid of condensed milk, you should ensure to continue the above-mentioned procedures. However, you need to add condensed milk (half can) in the milk once it gets reduced to one fourth. You should ensure to reduce the total amount of sugar at the time of addition of the condensed milk.
With the addition of the condensed milk, there will be a boost in the milk thickening procedure.
Tips to prepare the dessert in the most delicious way
- In order to prepare the most delicious double ka meetha, you can refer to the below-mentioned tips:
- You should make use of only white bread for the preparation of the dessert.
- You need to make use of ghee in order to fry the bread. Fry the bread in oil in order to get the most authentic taste
- Make sure not to fry the bread too much. The bread gets fried very fast and hence you need to be ensured during the procedure
- You can continue to thicken the milk at a faster rate with the addition of milkmaid to the same.
- In case you do not have an oven, it is recommended to keep the over the top of the stove on the griddle. After simmering the heat, the pan needs to be covered with a lid.
- You need to do the cooking on the low heat flame for at least twenty minutes so that everything comes together.
- Refrigerate the dessert and microwave the same once you are ready to serve. You can also add saffron for getting the desired flavor.